A new camp for adults with Williams Syndrome
In 2017, Camp Blue Skies and Williams Syndrome Association are joining forces to present an overnight camp for adults (age 21 and up) with Williams syndrome. Join us March 20-24 at Camp Twin Lakes in Rutledge, Ga. (about 45 minutes east of Atlanta) for 5 days and 4 nights of:
- Traditional activities such as nature hikes, fishing, giant swing, arts/crafts, and more
- Music programs including jam sessions, drum circles and karaoke
- Making new friends and reuniting with old ones.
Applications will open Nov. 1, 2016, for this new camp for adults with Williams syndrome.
- Nurses are on-site 24-hours a day to handle any medical needs. A doctor is available on call.
- Safety is our top priority, and we work to ensure that all campers are comfortable.
- Cabins have AC, bathrooms and showers.
- The camper-to-counselor ratio is approximately 2:1, and each cabin group has a volunteer who is experienced with the population.
- Campers and counselors move about the grounds in teams.
- Recreation: Nature hike, fishing, the Giant Swing, paddle boats and field games.
- Music: Talent/skit night, drum circles, jam sessions, karaoke and the Big Dance.
- Programs: Balance Your Body fitness, innovative arts/crafts and team building activities.
When: March 20-24, 2017
Where: Camp Twin Lakes, Rutledge, Ga., about 45 minutes east of Atlanta.
Cost: $850 includes five days of camp, four nights of lodging, all meals and snacks, activities and a T-shirt. This amount covers only a portion of our cost. Some camper-ships are available.
Eligibility: For adults age 21 and older. We ask that campers be physically mobile, have appropriate social skills, and be able to conduct personal and daily living skills within a supported environment. We are not able to accommodate wheelchairs.
VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME