It was another gorgeous day Sunday at Camp Blue Skies, being held this week at YMCA Camp Harrison. We enjoyed hiking, swinging on the giant swing, learning about healthy snacks, practicing for skit night, painting our banners and meeting some new furry friends at the Dude Ranch. (Yes, there are kittens!) And we drank plenty of water and put on lots of sunscreen!
Posts Tagged ‘camp blue skies’
Camp Blue Skies NC Session 1 is open at YMCA Camp Harrison in Boomer, N.C., … and the weather is so warm and sunny that it feels like we’re at a summer camp!
All of the campers arrived safely and immediately the fun started. To end the day, we gathered around the camp fire to sing along with Sugar Creek, listen to stories and eat s’mores!
We ask that all of our incredible volunteers wear their yellow volunteer shirts daily so that they can be easily identified around camp.
When you arrive, volunteers staying all week will receive two shirts and day volunteers will receive one shirt.
Packing tip: Bring long sleeve shirts to wear under your volunteer T-shirt! We can wash your volunteer shirts during the week if needed.
If you are a returning volunteer, PLEASE bring any yellow volunteer shirts you have from previous years!
The forecast is highs in the mid-60s and lows in the mid-40s. Looks like we will have sunny days, cloudy days and rain showers. Come prepared for all types of weather. Remember camp goes on rain or shine! Do another forecast check on Friday just to be sure.
Don’t forget to pack…
- Your pillow, sheets, blanket or sleeping bag and towels.
- Clothing that you can wear in layers such as T-shirts (long and short sleeves), sweatshirts, pants, shorts, leggings and tights (to wear under pants and shorts), jackets, gloves, socks and an extra pair of sneakers.
- Rain jacket or poncho and rain or water-resistant boots if you have them.
- Sunglasses, a hat and sunscreen.
- A water bottle.
- Something ORANGE to wear for the dance on Tuesday Night.
- A flashlight or headlamp (with extra batteries).
The Life In Myers Park, a publication for and by residents of Charlotte’s Myers Park and Eastover neighborhoods, dedicated two pages to Camp Blue Skies.
Click here to see a digital version of the magazine. We’re on page 52 of the magazine (it’s page 27 if you’re looking at scrolling number on the side of the page).