CBS wants to encourage the Blue Skies family to embrace their “crafty” side during this winter season. Now, for all those readers who would fake being sick rather than go to arts and crafts at camp, don’t worry. Just like at camp, all we ask is that you try. Also, you automatically get LOTS of style points for making something homemade and who doesn’t want that?
12 Days of Crafting Ideas
(feel free to create a sing-a-long version if you’d like)
12) Fabric Garland for beginners- This is a website of Liz, our Program Director’s, friend!
11) Easy Peasy Snowman Ornament- Loved the name AND the project.
10) Paper snowflakes – Show up even the most talented kid with these easy to follow instructions. Complete with great pictures and a video.
9) Mustache drinking glass - Sounds weird but promise you it will be a hit!)
8) Pasta angles – If they are good enough for a 1st grader they are good enough for us, right?
7) Lou’s Homemade Fudge - You won’t believe how easy this holiday favorite can be!
6) Drying Mittens Holiday Card – These cute cards will remind you of coming in after a long day of playing in the snow. Or daydreaming of playing in snow if you live in the south….
5) Mulled Wine – If this doesn’t get you into the holiday spirit then we don’t know what will…and it’s SO easy!
4) 25 best Gingerbread Men Cookie recipes – Couldn’t choose just one. Also, don’t be afraid to buy some at the store but decorate at home….a little sneaky…or “crafty,” if you will, but no one will know or care!
3) Peanut Butter Bird Feeders – Yum yum! Just make sure they –or you- aren’t allergic first.
2) Winter table decoration ideas – Why not jazz up your table during your next get together? Or even better, do it for no particular reason. Life is too short to not add some sparkle once in a while, right?
1) Esty Website – When all else fails, go to this site and buy something someone else made by hand! It’s like an “amazon.com” for local artists.
So grab your positive attitude and materials and get started! Hope you have a great time and we’d love to hear about your beautiful creations (or funny mishaps).
Tis the Season!
The Camp Blue Skies Team